Review: Breakaway (Scoring Chances #1)

Breakaway (Scoring Chances Book 1) - Avon Gale

I am so glad I read the rest of the series before I read this one, because this was not as good as I hoped it would be.

I liked the guys. Lane was hilarious in his total awkwardness and Jared was snarky, yet sweet. But I was absolutely weirded out by two things.

First was Lane’s relationship with his best friend Zoe. Lane is supposed to be completely gay, yet he keeps telling Zoe he wants to see her naked, that she has nice skin, he also wants to touch her boobs, and gets off when she has sex with Lane’s roommate next door to Lane. He tells Jared about all of this and then he and Jared have sex. SO FREAKING WEIRD.

description

And I get that Jared is bisexual, but why have our noses rubbed into it all the time? Jared keeps telling Lane about girls he went to bed with, and girls he wanted to do.

"I get a hot twenty-one year old future hockey star who likes me to sleep with girls so he can watch. "

There is no cheating, but I found these comments (and there are a lot of those throughout the book) to be a complete turn off. Ugh.

This bothered me so much that I had a very hard time liking the rest of the book. Because even though there were no threesomes here, I think there might be in their future...