Review: Steamroller

Steamroller - Mary Calmes

4.25 stars

What I love about Mary Calmes’ writing is how intense it is. I love how the characters crave someone with their whole body and love with their whole heart. Yes, there is so much insta-love here it was ridiculous, but I still bought it.

Vince is trying to manage college and have a fulltime job to pay for his tiny apartment. He doesn’t understand the school’s star quarterback suddenly having an interest in him. But Carson, the quarterback does. He’s had a massive crush on Vince for over a year and he is now ready to act on it. But first he has to convince Vince of his feelings.

We got a super smart, insecure, but feisty, college guy, and a closeted, muscled jock, ready to jump out of said closet for the love of his life. These guys were just adorable together. I loved how Carson had to convince Vince of his intentions.

And these guys burned up the sheets!

If you like Mary Calmes and college guys, you will love this.

“I like all of you.” He was firm, taking my face in both hands. “But mostly your eyes are driving me nuts.”

My eyes? “What?”

“Yeah,” he said, his voice coming out in halting rasps. “I just… they’re really dark and big and beautiful.”

“Baby,” I whispered. “I think you like boys.”

“I like you.” His voice bottomed out.“ There is no doubt about that.”