The Mating of Michael (Sex in Seattle Book 3)

The Mating of Michael (Sex in Seattle Book 3) - Eli Easton 2,5 stars

Didn’t like it all that much. The writing was great and it handled some heavy subjects really well. I am just not one for the being disabled and therefore insecure types. I don’t have a problem with the disability, but with the nobody will ever love me attitude.

Michael is a 26 year old nurse. He has such a big heart he just wants to help people. That is why he is also a sex surrogate. People who are having problems with intimacy can hire Michael to help them overcome their problems.
Michael has always had a major crush on the author of his favorite book. When he gets a chance to meet him at a book signing he jumps to the chance and acts as a drooling idiot (which was incredibly sweet). But James, the famous author, does not want attention from this beautiful man. He thinks no one would ever love him because he’s in a wheelchair. He does not want anyone’s pity. But Michael is persistent and James agrees to be friends. They become closer friends than either of them ever expected. Michael doesn’t hide the fact he wants to be more than friends, but James still has trouble letting go of all his insecurities . Eventually he caves and when these two also become romantically involved there is only one thing in their way.. and that is the fact that Michael has not told James about his surrogate work…

Michael was such a sweet person. I really admired him for his work with his surrogate clients. The way he sees life, that everyone deserves to be touched and loved, wonderful!
But I was having a hard time liking James. He was just so closed off and distant. I know it was because of his disability and the fact his mother left him when he was six years old. But I still didn’t like him.

If you like this sort of thing, go read it! This could be the book for you. It just wasn’t for me…