Dom of Ages (Collars and Cuffs Book 7)

Dom of Ages (Collars and Cuffs Book 7) - K.C. Wells, Parker Williams 2.5 stars

I feel sad. I loved the first book in this series so much that I’ve been trying to get that same feeling back when reading the other books. This book was my last hope. But it didn’t deliver.

The age thing was actually pretty well done, with Jarod being a 50 year old submissive and Eli a 30 year old Dom. I did like them together and the romance was sweet.

But I got more and more annoyed with the way the rest of the subs were acting. One of my main pet peeves is unrealistic bonding/friendship. If you’ve met someone once, you are not BFFs for life. That sort of thing takes time. But no, the subs meet Jarod, and BAM, he is their best friend.

”You’re more than our friend, Jarod. You’re like… well, like a surrogate father to some of us.”

And I had a feeling the writers kept forgetting the subs are men too, and not teenage girls. They actually have a slumber party…

“Hey, maybe we should organize our own slumber party!” Ben called out. “We could sit around and do each other’s nails and hair, and tell stories about the boys we like.” His suggestion was greeted by a chorus of guffaws and laughter.

These are the Doms talking about the slumber party the subs were having. These guys are grown men, of course they react that way to the suggestion of a slumber party. But it is totally okay for all the subs to like it. What are they, twelve?

I get what the writers were trying to accomplish. They wanted lonely Jarod to find a home, and a family. But this is not the way…

There were parts I really did like, but overall this book just annoyed me.