Lover Unleashed (Black Dagger Brotherhood, Book 9)

Lover Unleashed (Black Dagger Brotherhood, Book 9) - J.R. Ward After reading several reviews here I thought this book was going to be ok, but not great. But I actually loved it. It took me some time to get in to the story (around a 100 pages), but after that I was back in the BDB world and lovin it!

It takes a very skilled writer like miss Ward to write a story and no matter what the story is about it is always great to read.

I didn´t really connect to Payne in the previous books, but I really liked her in this book. The story with her and Manny was a likable story for me.
Although I thought there were too many storylines in this book. The one with Xcor his bastards was not interesting at all. Even in the end, when something exciting happens it is not really a big thing and I was a bit disappointed at it.

After reading here that there wasn´t going to be a lot of Qhuinn and Blay in this book, I was happily surprised to read more about Qhuinn than expected. I liked to read about his feelings for Blay and cannot wait for the novella about them. But it seems it is not due soon...

And it surprised me reading that the next book is about Thorment because he is not in this book at all. I like it when I am kept in suspension about a person because I have been reading about him for several books.... I have never read his thoughts in any of the books, so I am actually not that interested in his story. Miss Ward better make it a good story then. :)

Overall, I thought it was a great read. The BDB world and the brothers just make my heart go faster!