A Marked Man (Assassin/Shifter Book 1)

A Marked Man (Assassin/Shifter Book 1) - Sandrine Gasq-Dion Assassin. Check.
Shifter. Eeuhh… Wait… Was there supposed to be some shifting going on in this book?

This book was quite promising, but the writing… no, not that good. This book suffered from a serious case of head hopping. It was confusing. But overall I liked the story.

Mateo is a government assassin sent to take out only the bad man in this world. He gets assigned to take out Riley Flynn, head of Flynn Electronics. But after following the man for several days he cannot find anything to justify the hit. Riley is as innocent as he looks. So when Mateo feels he is being setup there is only one thing he can do and that is grab Riley and make a run for it. Of course when these two are shacked up in a safe house there are a lot of interesting activities to pass the time…

Riley and Mateo were actually quite nice. Mateo was the sweet bad boy and Riley the inexperienced virgin. Sexy match!
It was a bit over the top that the department Mateo works for consisted almost only of hot gay men. Who were all somewhat attracted to each other. It was like an all you can eat gay buffet! Yes! Count me in!

My main complaint about this book is that this writer was always in a hurry. This story needed more words! I was a little out of breath by the end of the book. There is just so much going on. Some things were better left out, or the book just had to be longer.

Very promising, but I am hoping the writing will pick up in the next books.