Shiny!

Shiny! - Amy Lane Was this an Amy Lane book, really?? Amy Lane is a very gifted author. I always feel so connected to her characters, even when I don’t like the book.
But Kenny and Will…. I didn’t connect with them at all! And the way this story is told, through flashbacks (Kenny and Will explain how they met each other to Will’s aunt Cara at her wedding), nope not my thing… I kept thinking it was so weird for them to talk about EVERY (sexual) aspect in their relationship to someone else.

I didn’t think it was possible, but this book was just too light and fluffy. There is really no dept in the characters at all.
And I don’t have a problem with characters that are not beautiful on the outside, but when Kenny kept thinking about Will as a refrigerator or not that attractive I wanted to scream! I know Kenny loved Will and he thought Will was beautiful on the inside, but I NEED to feel that for HIM he was the MOST beautiful person in the world. I don’t care if he thinks he has beautiful feet or teeth or anything, I just want to read that he thinks he beautiful! I want to feel the attraction. And these two… there was no real spark.. They were kind of boring together…

Amy Lane…. I know you can do much better than this…