American Love Songs

American Love Songs - Ashlyn Kane BR with Karlijn and Elsbeth

2.5 stars

I have no idea what happened here. I was under the impression this re-read was going to be good. I gave the book 4 stars the first time I read it. Had to be good, right?

Not so much the second time. I was pretty bored and wanted more romance than this book provided. When I was halfway through I just started skimming.

Jake and his band need a new guitarist and when Parker walks up to them to ask directions but ends up auditioning, the problem is solved.

Jake and Parker become roommates and close friends. Then their band gets signed by a major record company and they become famous pretty fast.

Jake has never kept the fact he is gay a secret, but he doesn’t know if Parker is gay, so he doesn’t know what to do with his attraction to his shy friend.

Where I first thought Jake was funny, I now found him quite annoying. And the angst was a bit too artificial for my taste.

Parker turns Jake down because he feels Jake is not sincere and pretty much a slut. I never felt that way so it came as a bit of a surprise to me that this was what was keeping these two apart. And the fact that Jake had to prove himself to Parker didn’t sit well with me.

All the smexy times are at the end. By that time I wasn't that interested anymore...

Overall, a disappointment.