Shades of Gray

Shades of Gray - Brooke McKinley I never expected to enjoy this as much as I did. Ok, you have to leave all expectations of realism at the door. No way are FBI agents allowed to drink in the job… So pull out your suspension of disbelief pants and just go with it.

Danny is a (very cute and sensitive) criminal drug dealer. When he gets caught he is asked to testify against his boss. FBI agent to this case is Miller. When these two spend a lot of time together in a safe house, Miller finds out Danny is not the tough criminal he was expecting and that Miller is not as straight as he thought. These men are very attracted to each other and it is not long before they act on it.

What I liked is the way the criminal world was portrayed. We are all human.. even the criminals.. And the part after the big showdown felt very real to me. These two guys have to work for their HEA.

This book actually reminded me a lot of Cut & Run. Not the story itself, but the whole feel. The connection, the explosive chemistry, the tender moments… The way these men come together and find a way to fall deeply in love with each other.
Although I have to admit Miller could have been Zane, these two were very alike!

This is not a book that will make you overly happy. The whole feel of the book was kind of dark. The world, and the decisions we make, are not all black and white.. but shades of gray.