Mark Cooper versus America

Mark Cooper versus America - Lisa Henry, J.A. Rock Liked it, didn’t love it.
Liked Deacon and Mark, but was a bit bored with them halfway through. I just didn’t really get their relationship. It all went a tad too smooth for me. I hate angsty books and I loved the fact that this book was very low on the angst. But that being said, I was missing some chemistry between Mark and Deacon. Actually, they did have some chemistry, but it was slow in its development. They started out with a, come and let’s get laid.. a dubious start of any relationship. But before I was used to them having hot sex there was talk of a relationship. It felt natural and it was sweet, but also a bit dull.
I was not put off with the underwear thing, it was handled really well. And the spanking, yep was totally on board with that one.
But.. I felt their HEA was reached in the middle of the book and the rest didn’t really contribute anything to their relationship. I didn’t really care about the rushing or the pledging or whatever it is called.
I did think it was fun thinking about these two as Romeo and Juliet, star-crossed lovers, but from feuding sororities this time. Just as romantic as Shakespeare. ;)