Wrapped Up in Chains

Wrapped Up in Chains - Cindy Sutherland Liked it, didn’t love it.
This book had all the ingredients for me to like it. A formerly abused, shy sub, a sweet Dom, a crazy villain and of course kinky sex. But I just didn’t feel it. I felt distanced from the characters, no real connection there.

This story starts when BDSM club owner Devon interrupts a scene at his club. A young man is being severely beaten and is bleeding all over the center stage. The Dom administrating the beating is thrown out of the club and Devon takes care of the young man, Chase. He finds out Chase has been the sub of an old enemy of Devon for the last 7 years. Because Chase has nowhere to go and because Devon feels very protective of Chase, he takes him home to recover.
It is not long before both of them start developing feelings for each other. Chase slowly overcomes his years of abuse and is starting to warm up to becoming Devon’s sub. Devon is thrilled and can come up with a lot of ways to please his new sub.
But of course it’s not all rainbows and sunshine, there is still Chase’s former Master, who would do anything to get to Devon and Chase.

In the beginning my heart went out to Chase, but after some time he became a bit annoying. He was acting as such a child I was having a hard time believing he was 23. I know he was isolated since he was 16, but still. And it was getting on my nerve how much Devon was trying to take care of him. Bt okay, he meant well. And I loved the fact that he wasn’t a cruel Dom who just wanted his subs to obey. He wanted to know what Chase wanted and what he liked. The sex was slow in its build-up, just how I like it, but I wouldn’t say it got me all hot and bothered.

I can’t shake the feeling that there was just something missing..