151 Days

151 Days - John  Goode 3,5 stars

This book did not live up to my expectations. Liked the story, but not the execution. I loved the other books to death, but not this one. I feel so sad..

This story had way too many POV’s for my taste. I never like that in a book and this was no exception.
And with the constant backtracking it felt like I wasn’t there for the real event. When first things were skipped and then we get the details later on from a different POV. No, I want to be there for the actual event, not learning the details 2 chapters after the fact. I understand that the story had to be told from multiple angles, but I actually read the same event 3 times, from 3 different people! Yes, I got it the first time.

And although this series handles the serious issue of homophobic people in a small town, in the other books I was never depressed because of it. This was definitely because of the way Brad and especially Kyle handled all those things. But where were Kyle’s witty snarky comments in this book? I felt like he had given up and felt depressed. And therefore I was not feeling hopeful, but depressed myself.
What I liked best about the other books was the love between Brad and Kyle. It felt so real. But there were almost no tender moments in this book.. They didn’t spend a lot of time together. They were just on this crusade and had some sex in between. Even that was a disappointment. I wanted the inner turmoil before anything happened, like in the last book. But no, all of a sudden it just happens.
And what really got me by surprise was when Kyle (temporarily) broke up with Brad. Why???? I didn't like it.

description

This book still had a very important message and I did like it, but when the other books were heartwarming, this was just heartbreaking. The other books made me smile at the end, this just made me really really sad. It is still a book wort reading. I rate books how they make me feel, and to give this book 3,5 stars even though it made me very sad, is saying something about how incredible this series is..