Confetti, Cake & Confessions

Confetti, Cake & Confessions - K.C. Wells This could have easily been a 5 star book for me! I mean, two stepbrothers secretly in love with each other for years, pining away…. Yeah baby!

But this book has one of my main pet peeves: unnecessary angst. What I categorize as unnecessary is a lack of communication between the MC’s or when my guys do not choose to be happy. That they do not grab happiness when it is right in front of them.

---Spoilers ahead---

This book started out really strong. Incredible unresolved sexual tension. I was such a happy camper.

description

I could understand that Marc was having trouble getting over the fact that he and Tony were stepbrothers. But even after they had amazing sex, he just rejected Tony and broke his heart.
I was not happy!

description

Marc remained stubborn all the way til the end of the book! He couldn’t get over the fact that other people might think the love between Marc and Tony would be incestuous, even though they were not related.

I really started to dislike Marc and the way he treated Tony. Tony was such an incredibly sweet guy. But he kept getting the cold shoulder from Marc.

description

So, if you can handle this sort of thing, this could totally be the book for you! I just feel very sad it wasn’t for me after such a great start.