Something to Believe In

Something to Believe In - Sloan Parker
“I was home before we even got here.”

This is an amazing Christmas story that made me cry. It was so beautiful. I’ve read it many times and I still can’t get enough.

Sean and Gavin are living on the streets. They are hustling to stay alive. But Gavin wants a better life for Sean. He can’t handle seeing Sean going off with another trick. So after saving some money, Gavin takes Sean to a hotel. No more sleeping on the streets for at least a week.

It is there that the boys are finally able to admit their feelings for each other.

“Just once I want something real. Something beautiful with you.”

I adored these guys. I loved how protective Gavin was of Sean. They were beautiful together. Strip away all you have in the world and what do you have left: love.

And the end, it really made me cry all the happy tears. What an amazing HEA.

Dearest Sean,
If we are gone when you read this, please do not leave. The key to the house is where we always kept it when you were little. Go inside. There’s food in the fridge and a room upstairs waiting for you. We love you. Nothing about you and nothing you’ve had to do since you left will change that. Please do not leave until we can see you.

All our love, Grandma and Grandpa.

P.S. If you’re a burglar reading this, yes, there is a key hidden outside. We don’t have much but feel free to take a look if you’re so inclined, just please put the note back on the door for our grandson.