Restless Spirits

Restless Spirits - Jordan L. Hawk 3.5 stars

A nice historical with some very hot moments.

Let me start off by saying I don’t really like historicals. There is just something about the ‘old days’ and people narrow-mindedness that rubs me the wrong way. But I have to admit this was a good one! And right up ‘til 75% this would have been a 4 star read for me.

I liked the ghost story. It had the exact amount of creepiness without it venturing into the land of horror.

And the séance scene..

But even though I did like Henry and Vincent, I never warmed up to the rest of the characters.

I was not okay with what happened at 75%, and other people will probably feel like this was no big deal. It’s not as if there is cheating, or some other super strange plot twist. I was just sad that Henry acted the way he did and he lost my respect after that. I mean, there is such a thing as communicating in a non-hurtful way. Even though you have been hurt in the past, I am never okay with trying to hurt the person back who you think has hurt you. I know I am probably overreacting, but it was just a piece of angst I wasn’t expecting.

Thankfully it didn’t last that long. And the rest of the story did pick up after that.

So overall, a very enjoyable ghostly historical.