Divided We Stand

Divided We Stand - KouriArashi 4.5 stars

This was a VERY good Sterek. The writing was excellent.

I was a bit hesitant to start this, because I’ve read that would be no sex in this one, or at least most of it off page. And I thought… 471 pages without sex???

But it was quite different from what I expected.

The existence of werewolves is known to everyone. Picking a mate is a very serious thing. When Derek sees Stiles he just knows. Stiles is the one. But Derek’s parents think he has chosen Stiles to get back at them for harassing him about picking a mate.

Stiles has been bullied at school for years so he feels hurt by what he thinks Derek did. It takes some time and persuasion from Derek to let Stiles see he is not being played and that he is indeed Derek’s mate.

There is a very slow build-up to get Stiles to trust Derek. After they get closer, Stiles is still very young so no rushing things in the sex department. There is definitely some fooling around on page. There are some major feels and therefore I wasn’t even missing the sex that much.

There is some sex at the end and after that it is not specifically mentioned that Stiles and Derek had sex. Because nothing gets me mad like off page sex and the MC’s thinking about it afterwards. Nothing like that in this one, thank God.

I was also a big fan of Peter in this one. Creepy, but very protective. Just how I like him.

Derek’s in no way surprised that Peter put up a fight to get the spot closest to Stiles. He also wouldn’t be surprised if Peter were trying to pick up the scent or scents of the people who had hurt him, so he could go quietly gut them.

“Are you cuddling me?” he asks Peter.
“Is that a problem?” Peter replies.
“No, but you’re kinda weird,” Stiles says, relaxing against Peter’s shoulder. “I’m just thinking of all my classmates who want so badly to be in a werewolf pack but would freak out at the concept of being aggressively snuggled by a middle-aged man.”

This was definitely one of the best Stereks I’ve read. And if it had more sex, it would have been perfect…