A Hunted Man

A Hunted Man - Jaime Reese BR with Elsbeth April 18 2016

I liked this second installment of The Men of Halfway House even more than its predecessor.

Cam has just gotten out of prison after being locked up for ten years. He made the mistake trying to protect his sister from an abusive boyfriend, who turned out to be the son of an important judge.

In the coffee shop where he works he meets Hunter, a regular there. I loved the instant attraction between these two when they meet. When their eyes meet, it’s instant fireworks No insta-love, just strong attraction. These guys do meet up several times to get to know each other before anything happens between them.

Hunter is a lawyer and gets involved in Cam’s business when it is clear that people higher up want to make Cam disappear or send him back to prison.

It is so refreshing to read about men who talk things out. Cam hasn’t told Hunter about his past, but Hunter finds out anyway. No real crisis there, they simply talk about it. I loved that part. I have read too many books where a secret gets blown out of proportion and is reason for a break up. But not here, these men talk about their feelings.

There is plenty of action in this book, but the romance never took a backseat. The attraction, the sex, the love, it was always there.

This second book can also be read as a stand-alone.