Maps - Nash Summers 3.5 stars

This was super cute.

This is the story of 16 year old Maps and 17 year old Lane. Maps doesn’t care about what other people think of him. But when Lane moves next door and Maps cannot help but to like the sweet, popular Lane and to hope Lane likes him too.

This book is filled with awesome characters. From the adorably annoying little sister, to the blunt best friend, Benji.

“Well, turns out I’m gay.”
“Told you,” Benji answered. “I’m surprised, to be honest.”
“Why? Surely in our long friendship I haven’t given you the impression of being an overtly heterosexual man.”
“No, I’m surprised you’re not asexual, or that you can’t just stand out in the sun and photosynthesize. I’ve never seen you look at anyone before—boy or girl.” Maps shrugged. “I haven’t. I’ve been too busy hanging out with you and working on my experiments. Then Lane came along with those damn teeth, and now I’m gay.”

And Maps’ funny experiments. I loved those.

His dad chuckled. “Busy driving your mother crazy. She found her curling-iron plugged in out back with the nozzle in the dirt yesterday. The day before that she found two frogs in our bathtub and a ‘Please Do Not Disturb’ sign on the door.”

My one complaint is that I would have liked a little more closure. A little more then what we got in the end. Don’t worry, there is a nice HEA. I just wanted a little bit more.