Muscling Through

Muscling Through - J.L. Merrow Lovely story about Al, who you supposed could call simple, and Larry, the man who saw the real Al and fell in love with him.

Very refreshing to be inside the head of Al. Al was so sweet. He didn’t have a mean bone in his body.

And how these two met, hilarious.

“You should let me take you home,” I said, ’cause I was worried he might not make it on his own. “You want money ?” he said, and he was shaking a bit. “I’ve got money.”
I tried to give him his wallet back, but he had his eyes shut again, so I put it in my pocket. I think
he needed to get to bed. “I’m going to get you home and in bed,” I told him. He wasn’t walking too good, so I put my arm round his skinny little waist. I could have snapped him in half. “I could snap you in half,” I said, and I smiled so he’d know it was a joke, but he still had his eyes shut.

Why only 3 stars? These kind of stories don’t really do it for me. The kind where 2 people fall in love at the start and the rest of the book is about their lives together. But it’s a nice story. Very heart warming.