The Rancher's Son

The Rancher's Son - R.J. Scott I really liked this one. The romance was sweet, but I have to say that it was the mystery that had me on the edge of my seat.

Ethan is a cop who gets a call about a file of him that got flagged. A man has been found who was beaten up so severly he lost his memory. All he remembers is the name Ethan and Crooked Tree.

Ethan has been looking for his brother and his friend, Adam, for the last 12 years. They both disappeared when they were 15.

It turns out to be Adam who is in the hospital, but he cannot remember anything. Not even Ethan, the boy he was in love with all those years ago.

Ethan decides to take Adam home to the Crooked Tree Ranch in Montana, hoping something will jog his memory.

When Ethan spends more time with Adam it is clear to him Ethan is just as much in love with him as he was 12 years ago. But they need to find out what happened to Adam before they can be truly happy together. And what happened to Justin, Ethan's brother?

I loved Ethan and Adam. This book has no relationship angst, just as I like it. The guys just feel drawn to each other and cannot help but to fall in love again. I loved them.

I'm giving this 4 stars because I'm convinced we will get the answers in the next book. We do get some answers in this book, but nothing is really resolved at the end. Even the romance could have used something extra. That's why I'm just going to believe we get more in the next installment.

I know it's about a different couple, but I cannot believe R.J. Scott would just leave us hanging like this. I'm sure she's not that mean.

There has to be more!