A Mended Man

A Mended Man - Jaime Reese BR with Elsbeth, Wendy and Karlijn
Thanks for this lovely BR girls!

3.5 stars

This is a hard book to review. This is one of those books where my expectations went one way and the story took me another way. Don’t get me wrong, I still loved it, but I think this is my least favorite of the series. While I was expecting it to become my favorite..

Yes, this book had hurt/comfort to the max, but I felt it was a bit much having first concentrated on Jessie being hurt and then Aidan who had to overcome the trauma of his past.

I felt as if Jessie healed too easily. I don’t mean physically, but mentally. And I would have been okay with it, but Aidan took up so much page time. I really wanted Jessie to get some attention too. He went through an awful thing, but I felt it was not addressed the way I would have liked. I needed more Jessie time!!

Aidan was one of the most closest off, stubborn characters I have ever read about. I liked how he was there for Jessie and how protective he was of him. I really felt for Aidan and what he went through (we don’t find out what it is at first, but you can kind of guess). But somewhere halfway through I thought it would have been nice if Aidan stopped overthinking things and finally opened up to someone. And because this book is so long it started to feel repetitive to me.

Both Jessie and Aidan admitted they wanted to be in a relationship with each other, so there’s not a lot of relationship angst. Their main problem is Aidan and his inability to talk, but Jessie is patient throughout the entire book. I would have kicked his ass, but okay.

I really liked this, but if the middle part was completely left out, I would have liked it even more.