The Cattery

The Cattery - K.A. Merikan Surprisingly enough I liked the parts with the cat play best. It didn’t bother me like I thought it would and was really well done.

What bugged me most about this book was the constant bickering between everyone, but mostly between Goran and Ollie. The constant push and pull drove me insane.

I had a hard time feeling their connection because even when they were being nice to each other something happened and they were back to backstabbing. These were not laid back guys! They came with a manual. It was tiring.

Once when Goran was telling Ollie about himself and Ollie responded by telling something about himself in return, Goran got mad all of a sudden because he felt he didn’t get enough sympathy from Ollie. Euuhm… excuse me? That is what you are fighting about? What happened to communicating in a calm and gentle way instead of accusing the other of being selfish in the middle of a heart to heart?

I would have liked it more if the guys in the cattery all formed a deep bond, but that wasn’t the case here. They were friends of some sort, but nothing too deep.

I was also a bit disappointed in the sex. I was totally on board with massive amounts of orgies and was prepared for it. But that’s not what we got. We got one orgy scene at the beginning and after that it all happens off page. Then we got the sex between Goran and Ollie, but no more lazy orgies. For once I was trying to embrace my inner perv, but it wasn’t meant to be…

Although I really liked the premise of this book and I enjoyed the cat play, the hate and backstabbing for most of this book took away my enjoyment. But that’s a personal preference. The writing was fine and I did enjoy most of it, just not enough.